Why Is KitchenAid So Expensive? (Find Out Now!)
Oh, KitchenAid. You are the number one most common brand mentioned on bridal registration lists, at least in my circles. This is a brand that is known for being reliable as well as perennially popular among all income levels. Popular as it is, people often wonder what makes this brand expensive. Is it really worth the money?
The primary reason why KitchenAid is so expensive deals with their quality. KitchenAid is famous for durable, innovative, and safe cooking appliances that stand up to heavy demands. The price of high-end materials and high-performance engineering is worth it.
If you are in the market for a new stand mixer (or anything else, really) you might want to get a look at this article. We’re going to talk about why people are willing to spend on KitchenAid.
Why Are KitchenAid Appliances So Expensive?
KitchenAid is one of those brands that always carries its own clout. That’s what makes it so popular. Thankfully, it’s a brand that walks the walk and talks the talk. Here’s why it’s okay to spend a bit extra on this brand:
- You are paying for quality and durability. KitchenAid is famous for spending extra to make tools with the highest quality parts possible. That’s why they are used in major restaurant kitchens across the country. They’re reliable AF.
- Most KitchenAid devices have solid warranties attached to them, too. Let’s say something does break early. KitchenAid is the company that will replace that part, no problem.
- KitchenAid is also known for being one of the more innovative brands on the market. This is especially true with their world-famous stand mixers. They come with a wide range of attachments that make it possible to create almost anything you could imagine. We’re all for innovation.
- Most of their appliances also look nice on a counter. I mean, this is not always a major selling point, but I definitely get the appeal.
- Finally, people are willing to spend extra for the brand. Since they have a golden reputation, most people will be okay with paying extra. Besides, among us home chef types, it’s kind of a bragging right.
Are KitchenAid Appliances Worth The Money?
For the most part, you can expect to get a good value out of KitchenAid. This is especially true if you decide to get a top-tier appliance like a stand mixer or anything from their professional, commercial, or industrial line. The reviews their products get can’t all be wrong.
KitchenAid appliances might be expensive, but if you are looking for a cooking appliance that will last years and years, then this is the brand for you.
When Is A KitchenAid Appliance Not Worth It?
There are very few products, if any, that do not get sterling reviews from prior customers. For the most part, the ones that are truly investment-worthy tend to be their machine-operated items. These include their mixers, blenders, food processors, as well as their larger appliances like microwaves or ovens.
The ones that you might be able to get a better deal elsewhere tend to be the products that have no moving parts or no need for innovation. This would include having a KitchenAid knife set or getting a kettle from this company. (Yes, they apparently make kettles. Go figure.)
How Long Does KitchenAid’s Warranty Last?
This depends on the item that you’re getting. Most of their appliances have a bare minimum of a 1-year full warranty from the time of purchase that protects them from damage as a result of bad workmanship. If you are getting a set of pans, you’ll be happy to know that their warranty lasts a lifetime.
If you are not sure what type of warranty your appliance comes with, it’s best to check online. You can find a quick description of the full warranty that you will receive with it. If it’s an appliance like an oven or microwave, you can expect at least three years of use. (It’s still best to double-check.)
Why Are KitchenAid’s Stand Mixers So Expensive?
Most of the time, when we hear a complaint about KitchenAid, it’s all about the stand mixer being way above price point. However, they are the industry standard for a reason. It’s not just the reasons above. These mixers go above and beyond the norm. Here’s why:
- They come with an exceptional range of attachments and functions. A mixer from this brand isn’t just a mixer. It can mash potatoes, knead bread, and a ton of other things. Not many other mixers have as many functions as a KitchenAid one does. There are over 40 different attachments for these things.
- You’re also getting a high-performance motor. This is not the motor that plays around. That stuff will be mixed, and then some. A KitchenAid motor on a mixer can be anywhere from 275 to 500 watts. That’s 1.3 BHP in power—virtually unrivaled in the culinary world.
- All of the stand mixers are also made in the United States. More specifically, they are made in Ohio. That means you get American-made quality and a little bit of patriotic pride. While this does not actually impact its use, it definitely seems to be a major selling point.
- Oh, and they also look amazing on a countertop. Yes, they take quite a bit of space, but they are meant to look really gorgeous. You can choose from over 45 different finishes. So no matter what color scheme your kitchen has, you’ll get a matchy-matchy look for it.
How Much Does A KitchenAid Stand Mixer Cost?
When they first came out in the 1930s, a KitchenAid stand mixer cost the equivalent of $2700 today. No joke! Thankfully, upgrades on the design made these machines way more affordable. A typical brand new standing mixer from KitchenAid will cost anywhere from $200 to $500.
So while it is still a mixer that’s pretty pricey, it’s still nowhere as expensive as it once was. Of course, adding accessories to your mixer can pump up the price even more.
What Is The Warranty On A KitchenAid Mixer Like?
This might take people by surprise, since they are famous for durability. However, these machines only have one year of full warranty on all parts. From there, the warranty runs out. You can choose to extend the warranty for one to five years, depending on your needs.
The cost to extend the warranty starts at $14.95, but truth be told, it can end up being more than it’s worth. The vast majority of people never have an issue with their KitchenAids no matter what they’re using it for. (Yes, it can even hold up to bread making!)
How Long Does A KitchenAid Standing Mixer Last?
Though the warranties don’t last too long, you shouldn’t underestimate KitchenAid’s standing mixers. A typical user will find it to be able to last 10 to 15 years. That’s also what KitchenAid lists as the typical lifespan of one of its mixers. So, you can rely on them to last that long.
What you may end up seeing, though, is that it’s only half the story. Many users tend to see their mixers last for longer, especially if they are well cared-for. If you are a person who is very persnickety about maintenance, you can see it last for as long as 25 to 30 years. Wow!
Can you get a repair or exchange on a KitchenAid warrantied item without a receipt?
In order to get a claim started on any type of item with a warranty, you are going to have to show some kind of proof of purchase. This is usually a receipt. However, it doesn’t always have to be a receipt. If you were smart and registered your item with KitchenAid, then the warranty will still be able to be claimed even if you do not have a receipt.When in doubt, call KitchenAid to find out what they would need. Oh, and make sure to register your item as soon as you get it.
What KitchenAid products have a lifetime warranty?
Most of the items that KitchenAid has are no longer under their famous lifetime warranties, but there are still a couple of items that will fit that proverbial bill. The biggest group of items will be KitchenAid’s cookware. This includes stuff like pots, pans, griddles, and dutch ovens.They are meant to last a lifetime, so seeing products that are not up to snuff should never happen. Registering your cookware set is a smart idea, especially if you are not sure that you will be able to afford another item if things break.
Why does my new KitchenAid mixer smell?
That’s actually not that big an issue. Most mixers will emit a funky smell when they first run, but that’s just the smell from the factor. When your KitchenAid gets a little more use, you will stop having that smell around. If it really bothers you, let the mixer air out in a ventilated place and let it run for 10 to 15 minutes. The smell will dissipate pretty quickly after.
Ossiana Tepfenhart is an expert writer, focusing on interior design and general home tips. Writing is her life, and it's what she does best. Her interests include art and real estate investments.
More by Ossiana Tepfenhart