How To Set Delay Brew On Mr. Coffee (Quickly & Easily!)
Mr. Coffee is a popular brand that makes a variety of different espresso, iced tea, and coffee machines. A lot of people love this brand for the large amounts of high-quality coffee that it’s able to brew. Not to mention, their brew strength, as well as the delay brew, is another feature that consumers love. But how exactly do you set your Mr. Coffee on delay-brew?
The clock needs to be set if you want to set the machine on delay brew. Next, press “Set Delay,” and an indicator light will come on. Change the default time to the time you want your Mr. Coffee machine to start brewing by using the buttons for the hours and minutes.
This article will walk you through the steps for setting your Mr. Coffee on delay brew. Additionally, it has instructions to troubleshoot any issues you come across, plus more important information. Let’s get started!
How To Set Delay Brew On Mr. Coffee
- Ensure the clock is set to the right time. If the clock isn’t set to the right time, then your delay brew will start at the wrong time by default. If your clock isn’t set, you can scroll down really quickly to follow the “Mr. Coffee Clock Setup” instructions below.
- Press “Set Delay” on your machine. After pressing the set delay button, there will be an indicator light that comes on, and it will show 12:00 as the default brew time. You will need to change this.
- Set your delay brew time. Using both of the hour and minute buttons, you can set the time that you want your Mr. Coffee machine to start brewing. You have to be quick doing this; otherwise, the display will time out and go back to the regular clock. If you go too quick and set the wrong time, then you can press the “Select/Off” button until the light turns off. Then, activate the delay brew again by pressing the delay brew button to restart.
- Fill your machine with water and coffee. The delayed brew isn’t going to work properly if you don’t fill your machine with the ground coffee and water. Set that up as you usually would for the amount of coffee you want to brew. Don’t forget to put the cup under the spout!
Troubleshooting Issues For Mr. Coffee Delay Brew
While delay brew is straightforward to set up with your Mr. Coffee machine, you may experience some setbacks or problems that arise. One problem you may face is that you have to reset your delay brew every single day.
Another common problem is that you have problems setting the clock. If you’ve followed the instructions and you can’t seem to set the clock, you may need to call the manufacturer. This could be a manufacturing default that is covered by the company, so you’ll have to get it fixed.
Mr. Coffee Clock Setup
When you very first plug in your Mr. Coffee appliance, you will see numbers flashing. The flashing numbers are where the time for the clock will read out, and it’s also the place you’ll set your delay brew.
Follow the instructions below to set your Mr. Coffee clock.
- Set the hour. Press the hour button until the corresponding number appears. For instance, at 3:00, you will press the up arrow three times until the number appears on the screen.
- Set the minute. Hold the minute button down while the numbers cycle through until it’s the correct time. You can push up or down; it doesn’t matter. When it reads the correct time, you can release the buttons.
- Cycle back. If you accidentally go too far, you can push the opposite button to correct the time.
- Enjoy your coffee! Now that the time is set correctly, you can go back up and set the delay brew on your coffee machine.
Mr. Coffee Delay Brew Benefits
The delay brew allows consumers to program the machine so they can receive their coffee at certain times throughout the day. This is great for people who don’t have the time to sit and wait for the coffee pot to finish or the coffee cup as it can take a while.
Another great benefit of the delay brew is that you can quite literally wake up to the smell of coffee, even if you live alone. Sometimes, that scent is everything someone needs to be able to pull themselves out of bed. There’s nothing like the amazing aroma of a deep, dark roast.
Mr. Coffee Maintenance
Your machine can last you over a decade as long as you are cleaning it correctly. Since they tend to be one of the most important appliances in your home, you should take the time to care for them properly.
While the maintenance aspect seems unappealing, it’s rather easy to do. You won’t need to clean everything every single day. There are certain components that you will need to clean at certain times. We’ll take you through these, so you have more of an understanding about what you need to do exactly.
What Mr. Coffee Components Should You Clean Every Day?
- Brew basket
You can throw these in the dishwasher as soon as you’re done or give them a quick rinse in hot and soapy water. By cleaning these, you will ensure that you make not just a good but a great cup of copy every single time.
Components To Clean Occasionally
Your Mr. Coffee appliance is going to need regular maintenance. The minerals that exist in your drinking water can build u pin your machine, which ends up making it hard to brew your coffee due to clogs. Once a month, you will need to clean out the coffee maker by following the steps below.
- Create a solution. Create a 50/50 mixture using water and distilled white vinegar. The vinegar will help disinfect the inner workings of your coffee maker. And since it’s an acid, it will eat through any clogs that are in the tubes of your machine.
- Pour the solution in. Place a coffee filter inside of the water reservoir where you normally put your water to brew your coffee, then turn the machine on for brewing as usual.
- Let the process finish. After about 5 to 10 minutes, you can turn the machine off and allow everything to sit for an additional 15 minutes.
- Fill your reservoir with clean water. Dump the dirty vinegar muck out of your coffee pot and wash the pot with hot soapy water. Then, fill it up with plain water, and add it to your machine. You can do this twice to help flush out the vinegar.
- Try your machine. Now that you’ve cleaned all of the old much out of your Mr. Coffee machine, it’s time to try it out to see if the flavor has improved. Brew a nice hot cup of coffee and let the flavor dance among your tastebuds.
Tips For Deep Cleaning
If you use your Mr. Coffee machine every day, then you should do a weekly deep clean. Soak all of the detachable parts of your coffee maker in some dish soap and hot water. This helps remove things such as:
- Built-up coffee residue
- Burnt grounds
By cleaning this weekly, it will help to prevent your coffee from tasting like nasty gas station coffee. You won’t taste the burnt, grainy taste anymore as long as you take care to clean your parts frequently. Also, not to mention, it extends the lifespan of your coffee maker.
Wrapping It Up
Having a Mr. Coffee machine is convenient because they allow you to set a delay brew time, so you can wake up to the rich aroma of coffee in the morning as your pot or cup is brewing. However, to use this feature, you will need to endure your time is set on the clock correctly. If it’s not, this can cause some issues as far as correct brewing times.
But, if you want the coffee to taste amazing as well, then make sure you clean the machine frequently so you can enjoy a great-tasting cup of coffee every morning.
Heather is a passionate writer who loves anything DIY. Growing up, she learned everything from home repairs to design, and wants to share her tips with you. When she's not writing, she's usually hiking or searching for her next DIY project.
More by Heather Robbins