If you need to wash the stains off your back deck or detail your car, the best electric pressure washer can help you remove unwanted grease and dirt stains.
Electric pressure washers are used to remove deep stains and debris from various surfaces. They are also known as “power washers” (Source).
When shopping for a pressure washer you should consider certain features and attributes in relation to your needs.
These include power output, portability, durability, cost, ease of use, water tank capacity, size, and weight.
Many users prefer electric washers over other types of sprayers. This is because they are more lightweight and portable, more convenient, more affordable, and quieter. Plus, most connect through a 12-volt power outlet making it easy to plug and clean (Source).
You could instead opt for a gas-powered or battery-operated pressure washer. However, the consensus is that electric power washers are the way to go because of reasons we’ll touch on below.
In this guide, we’ll introduce electric pressure water reviews of our 10 favorite washer models and help you make a selection based on your needs.
Table of Contents
- The 10 Best Electric Pressure Washers Revealed
- Our Top 10 Picks for Electric Pressure Washers
- 1. Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 Max PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp: Best Rated Electric Pressure Washer [TOP PICK]
- 2. Powerhouse International High Power Pressure Washer – 3000 PSI 2.2 GPM: The Most Powerful Electric Pressure Washer
- 3. AR Blue Clean AR2N1: The Most Versatile, Adjustable Pressure Washer
- 4. Karcher K2 Electric Power Pressure Washer, 1600 PSI: The Best Electric Pressure Washer for Cars
- 5. AR Annovi Reverberi AR390SS: The Best 2000 PSI Electric Pressure Washer
- 6. Ryobi 1,600-PSI 1.2-GPM (Model RY141612): The Most Portable Electric Power Washer
- 7. Sun Joe SPX4000 2030 Max PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp: The Best Heavy Duty Electric Pressure Washer
- 8. AR Blue Clean AR767 Industrial Grade 1,900 PSI 2.1 GPM: The Best Commercial Electric Pressure Washer
- 9. Sun Joe SPX1000 1450 Max PSI Electric Pressure Washer: The Best Electric Pressure Washer for Home Use
- 10. Greenworks 1500 PSI 13 Amp GPW1501: The Cheapest Pressure Washer
- Buyer’s Guide: Finding the Ideal Electric Pressure Washer
- Electric Power Washer Brands
- Electric vs. Gas Pressure Washers
- Electric Pressure Washer Accessories
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best electric pressure washer?
- Which is more important, PSI or GPM?
- How long will an electric pressure washer last?
- Are electric power washers dangerous?
- Is a 3000 PSI pressure washer good?
- Does an electric pressure washer need oil?
- What PSI is safe for washing cars?
- How do you store an electric pressure washer?
- Ready to Buy the Best Electric Pressure Washer for You?
Key Features to Keep in Mind
When shopping for your own power washer, look for the following features as they will define your experience using your washer and how satisfied you are with it:
- Hot vs. Cold Water: Which best fits your needs? (We’ll expand on this below.)
- Power: It’s normally measured in pounds per square inch (PSI) and gallons per minute (GPM).
- Portability: Do you need to carry it to various locations, or only use it to clean your back deck?
- Price: Be sure to assess your needs and don’t buy a model that’s out of your price range because it’s aesthetically pleasing.
- Warranty: Does the warranty cover the body/chassis only, or the engine as well? How long does the warranty last?
The 10 Best Electric Pressure Washers Revealed
- Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 Max PSI Electric Pressure Washer – Best Overall
- Powerhouse International Electric Pressure Washer – 3000 PSI – Most Powerful
- AR Blue Clean AR2N1 Electric Pressure Washer – Most Adjustable
- Karcher K2 Electric Power Pressure Washer, 1600 PSI – Best for Cars
- AR Annovi Reverberi AR390SS Electric Pressure Washer – Best 2,000 PSI Pressure Washer
- Ryobi 1,600-PSI Electric Pressure Washer – Most Portable
- Sun Joe SPX4000 2030 Max PSI Electric Pressure Washer – Best Heavy-Duty Model
- AR Blue Clean AR767 Industrial Grade 1,900 PSI Pressure Washer – Best Commercial Model
- Sun Joe SPX1000 1450 Max PSI Electric Pressure Washer – Best for Home Use
- Greenworks 1500 PSI Pressure Washer GPW1501 – The Cheapest Model
How Does an Electric Pressure Washer Work?
If you are wondering how to use an electric pressure washer, we’ll give you a quick overview. An electric pressure washer shoots water through an adjustable pressure washer nozzle.
The high-velocity water stream deeply cleans the surface you’re spraying. The water flow is so strong that it can break the skin.
How Much Does an Electric Pressure Washer Cost?
The price of an electric pressure washer depends entirely on your needs and requirements. Homeowners and residential users typically purchase a low-end model to clean their cars and decks.
Professional and commercial users require a more serious pressure washer with ample power and a higher PSI rating. Depending on your intended use, electric pressure washers cost between $100 and $5,000.
Our Top 10 Picks for Electric Pressure Washers
In our search for the best electric pressure washer, we spent hours conducting deep research. We compared hundreds of models, assessing each one’s feature set, price, reliability, durability, best use case, and other features and variables. Let’s dig in.
1. Sun Joe SPX3000 2030 Max PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp: Best Rated Electric Pressure Washer [TOP PICK]
- POWERFUL: 14. 5-Amp/1800-watt motor generates up to 2030 PSI/1. 76 GPM for maximum cleaning power and water inlet temperature (max) is 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
- VERSATILE: Tackle a variety of cleaning tasks: homes, buildings, RV’s, cars, trucks, boats, decks, driveways, patios, lawn equipment, and more. With two 0. 9 L onboard detergent tanks, removable tanks carry and store different types of detergent to simultaneously tackle different cleaning projects.
- TSS (Total Stop System): Automatically shuts off pump when trigger is not engaged to save energy and prolong pump life.
- PRESSURE: Max rating per CSA test standards. Maximum internal pressure is 2030 PSI. Under typical load, working pressure is 1450 PSI
Electric Pressure Washer Ratings
This pressure washer is undoubtedly the best-selling model in the market, with various 5-star ratings from multiple sources. According to our research, more than 10,000 people buy this pressure washer every year, and approximately 85% of users score it in the upper 90th percentile.
Although it’s an affordable, relatively lightweight pressure washer, it puts out 2030 PSI and 1.76 GPM. It runs on a 14.5 Amp/1,800-watt motor, allowing this little beast to handle everything from lightweight to heavy duty cleaning projects.
Because of its power range, it can clean anything from building facades to driveways, cars, boats, and anything else you can think of. It features dual detergent tanks allowing you to use two different types of soap and tackle two different projects at once. It can also spray cold or hot water, depending on your needs.
This model comes with many safety features. This is important because many people buy it as their first electric pressure washer and don’t necessarily know how to properly use it.
Those safety features include a Total Stop System trigger that turns the washer off automatically when someone drops it, ensuring no one is injured by its stream.
Finally, Sun Joe is known as one of the top pressure washer brands in the industry; this won’t be the only Sun Joe pressure washer review on the list. However, this model is arguably the best electric pressure washer out there.
2. Powerhouse International High Power Pressure Washer – 3000 PSI 2.2 GPM: The Most Powerful Electric Pressure Washer
- Powerful – Our Electric Pressure Washer 3000 psi and 2.2 gpm, better than a gas pressure washer because of its quiet motor, which stops when you release the spray gun trigger
- Accessories - Turbo and angle nozzles, patio - surface cleaner, soap foam sprayer, brush and other parts are all included
- Flexible hose – the hose has 30% more flexibility then our previous model
- 5 Quick Connect spray tips (0º, 15º, 25º, 40º and watering) for car washing, gutters, and heavy duty hydro jet power washing.
- Universal spray gun – this washer has 2 stainless steel lances, one proprietary and one with 5 tips and it is universal. It will fit most other attachments.
Emitting water at 3,000 PSI and 2.2 GPM, many people consider “The Powerhouse” to be better than a gas pressure washer. That’s because not only is it strong as hell, but also very quiet at the same time.
Compact yet Powerful
Given its small size (15 x 18 x 24 inches) and weight (32 pounds), you’d be hard-pressed to find a stronger electric pressure washer that’s so small and portable. You’d instead have to pay a few thousand dollars to purchase a gas-powered washer to match the strength of The Powerhouse.
The Powerhouse comes with various accessories out of the box. Those include turbo and angle nozzles, a form soap sprayer attachment, a patio cleaning attachment, and a scrubbing brush, among others.
It also includes five “Quick Connect” spray tips of varying degrees, each one designed to clean different surfaces. One of those tips is made for heavy-duty, hydro jet power washing.
These are among the many reasons The Powerhouse lives up to its name and landed the second spot on our list. If you want the power of a gas pressure washer for a fraction of the price, without the hassle of having to winterize it, The Powerhouse is your best bet.
3. AR Blue Clean AR2N1: The Most Versatile, Adjustable Pressure Washer
- Mobile cart included: use the cart to move the pressure washer wherever you need to clean
- Onboard storage: easy to keep track of up to 4 quick change nozzles, turbo nozzle and the power cords.Max Ampere:13
- 2050 psi is 42x the power of a garden hose: perfect for siding, decks, cement, Pavement, pools, outdoor furniture, cars, trucks, RVs, ATVs, garbage cans, animal cages and more
- Quiet & efficient: no loud engine like a gas unit. Release the trigger and the total stop system shuts the pressure washer off
- & customer service: your new pressure washer is covered with a 2 Year limited . Contact customer support anytime for the lifetime of the electric pressure washer
AR Blue Clean, a line of pressure washers produced by Annovi Reverberi (hence the “AB”), is one the better power washer brands. It landed at number three on our list because of the following characteristics and features.
Range of Use
You can carry or roll the AR Blue Clean AR2N1 around your backyard, deck, driveway, and basically anywhere you want, as long as it’s no more than 65 feet away from its power source. Its 35-foot power cable is longer than most and allows for a broader range of use than many of the best electric pressure washer models. Plus, with a 30-foot hose, you actually have a range of 65 feet.
Ease of Use and Assembly
There is no assembly required with this model as it comes fully assembled and ready to use. Simply remove it from its packaging, plug its cord into any three-pronged outlet, fill its tank, turn it on and start spraying. Plus, with its user-friendly swivel power cord release feature, it really is easy for anyone to use.
Its environmentally friendly design allows the AR Blue Clean AR2N1 to spray 80% less water at a strength 40% higher than a regular garden hose. How did they design an electric pressure washer that can do that? We couldn’t find the answer to that question; we assume it’s a confidential company secret.
4. Karcher K2 Electric Power Pressure Washer, 1600 PSI: The Best Electric Pressure Washer for Cars
- Power supply (V/Hz): 120 / 60
- Cleaner. Quicker.
- 1600 PSI, 1.25 GPM Electric Pressure Washer
- 5 piece car and home kit included!
- Telescopic handle design – reduces bending and strain
Specifically Made for Cars
You can use the best electric pressure washer models on nearly anything as they are made for general use. However, cars are an exception. While that is still the case with the Karcher K2 Kit, it includes certain components that are ideal for washing your “baby.”
These include a disk-shaped cleaner that provides an even, gentle, streak-free cleaning. And it includes a vario wand, dirt blaster wand, gentle surface cleaner, wash brush, and more.
It also features a foam dispenser attachment that lets you spray foamy detergent on your car. In fact, many people call pressure washers for cars “foam cannons,” although a foam cannon is actually a different type of tool.
Ideal Pressure Stream
If you use The Powerhouse and its 3,000 PSI on your car, you’re likely to strip paint off it or even leave a dent due to its hulky power. That’s why the Karcher K2 Kit features a lower pressure stream, coming in at only 1,600 PSI so that it won’t leave a single scratch or mark on your new paint job
At 16.8 pounds, it is pretty light, making it easy to carry around your car while cleaning. Or, you can roll it because, like most of the best electric pressure washer models, it includes two wheels that let you pull rather than lug it around.
5. AR Annovi Reverberi AR390SS: The Best 2000 PSI Electric Pressure Washer
- outdoor cleaning power: easy and quick for decks, patios, siding, driveways, outdoor furniture, cars, trucks, rvs, atvs and more
- highly rated: top rated consumer report 2016 electric pressure washer tests; motor type : universal 120v 60hz
- attachments included: professional-style pressure washer gun, pressure washer wand, 30 foot high pressure hose, 48 oz; detergent tank and 4 different quick change pressure washer nozzles
- environmentally friendly: conserves water by using 80% less water with 40% more power than a standard garden hose; quieter than gas engine models
- easy to assemble: pull it out of the box, insert the hose reel and attach the handle; connect the high pressure hose and garden hose; plug the gfci to a 2 prong outlet with a ground. pull the trigger to start cleaning
In fact, 2,000 PSI electric pressure washers represent the largest group of washers based on PSI. We chose the AR Annovi Reverberi AR390SS as the best electric pressure washer with 2,000 PSI for a number of reasons.
Just like it’s cousin, the AR Blue Clean AR2N1, it uses 80% less water and puts out 40% more pressure than a normal garden hose.
This model comes with a number of attachments that make washing any surface a breeze. These include a professional-grade pressure washer gun, a 30-foot high-pressure spray hose, a large detergent tank that can hold 48 ounces of detergent, and four easily changeable washer nozzles. These valuable water pressure tools and attachments prove to be quite valuable once you start using this model.
The AR Annovi Reverberi AR390SS Electric Pressure Washer delivers superior versatility. It can be used to clean any number of surfaces, including wood, concrete, stone, and stucco. Plus, it works well for cleaning your car. As well, it features on-board storage features that let you clip your various attachments onto the washer for super convenient washing every time.
6. Ryobi 1,600-PSI 1.2-GPM (Model RY141612): The Most Portable Electric Power Washer
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
At a mere 18 pounds, it is among the lightest washers out there. In fact, unlike many of the best electric pressure washer models, it doesn’t have wheels and is made to be carried around, reinforcing the fact that it was designed with portability in mind. I can be carried around the house to clean decks, furniture, and even windows.
This Ryobi model is about as solid as they come. It features a durable, roll-cage frame. This is incredibly useful for portability because carrying a pressure washer around and placing it in varying spots increases the chances that it will fall from whatever surface you put it on. This further validates the fact that it was designed to be as portable as possible.
Durability and Lifespan
Ryobi offers a three-year warranty on this small, compact, portable pressure washer. The majority of brands offer a one- or two-year warranty on their electric pressure washers. This is a very clear indication that Ryobi is confident in this model’s design and durability.
Ryobi is clearly confident that this washer will last a long time, which is obvious when you consider the length of the warranty period. It is not only the most portable power washer but also a great choice if you’re looking for a compact, small electric pressure washer.
7. Sun Joe SPX4000 2030 Max PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp: The Best Heavy Duty Electric Pressure Washer
- Powerful motor: powerful 14. 5 amp motor generates up to 2030 psi/1. 76 GPM for maximum cleaning power
- Pressure select technology: choose from two powerful cleaning options - low/1450 psi for everyday dirt, grease + grime, and high/2030 psi to tackle your toughest cleaning tasks.
- Quick-connect spray tips: 5 quick-connect spray tips (0, 15, 25, 40, soap) tackle light, medium and heavy duty cleaning tasks
- Detergent tank: onboard 54. 1 fl oz detergent tank lets you dial-in just the right amount of detergent to give your cleaning blast a boost!
- Pressure: Max rating per CSA test standards. Maximum internal pressure is 2030 psi. Under typical load, working pressure is 1450 psi.
Big things can come in little packages, and that’s the case with this Sun Joe model. With its 1,800 watts of power and 14.5-Amp motor, it generates a water flow with enough pressure to cut through your clothing.
Range of Power
Just because it packs such a powerful punch doesn’t mean you can’t use it on more delicate surfaces. You can configure its power output from “High,” which produces a spray of 2,030 PSI down to “Low,” which puts out 1,450 PSI.
For example, you can use it to wash your car simply by lowering its pressure on the pressure gauge. Then, after cleaning your car, you can increase its power output, change out the spray tip for any of the five spray tips included with the washer, and tackle a super heavy-duty project with ease.
8. AR Blue Clean AR767 Industrial Grade 1,900 PSI 2.1 GPM: The Best Commercial Electric Pressure Washer
- 1,900 PSI/2.10 GPM
- Pressure adjustment and gauge
- Adjustable spray head with special fan jet settings
- Triplex Plunger pump with axial wobble plate
- 25' high pressure hose Built-in detergent injector Pressure gauge
The AR Blue Clean AR767 Industrial Grade Electric Pressure Washer is not much larger than the many of the other models on our list, yet it’s much more powerful. With dimensions of 15.5 x 23 x 31.5 inches, it’s fairly compact for a power washer with so much strength. When you try to move it, though, you realize the differentiating factor.
Weight and Power
It weighs 88 pounds, which is over five times more than the Karcher K2 Electric Power Pressure Washer. And with a 115-Volt induction motor, it produces unparalleled power for a pressure washer of its size.
Hot or Cold Water Dispensing
Most of the other electric pressure washers on our list spray cold water as that’s the norm for electric power washers. However, for industrial, commercial use, you need the ability to spray hot water at times, for certain cleaning jobs.
That’s why AR Blue equipped this industrial-grade model with the ability to switch between a hot and cold water spray. In fact, the AR Blue Clean AR767 can shoot a powerful stream of hot water that reaches up to 122 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Sun Joe SPX1000 1450 Max PSI Electric Pressure Washer: The Best Electric Pressure Washer for Home Use
- Versatile: ideal for light to medium duty cleaning jobs including auto, deck, concrete, pavers, dock, boat, cabin, porch, patio, windows, siding, driveway and more!
- Adjustable pressure: adjustable spray wand with twist nozzle easily controls water pressure to handle the task at hand
- Powerful motor: powerful 11. 5-Amp motor generates 1450 psi of maximum water pressure and a maximum flow Rate of 1. 45 GPM
- Tss (total stop system): automatically shuts off pump when trigger is not engaged to save energy and prolong pump life
- Pressure: Max rating per CSA test standards. Maximum internal pressure is 1450 psi. Under typical load, working pressure is 1150 psi
Ideal Water Pressure
When thinking about home use, we took into consideration the variety of things around the home that one would clean with a pressure washer. Home use includes cleaning fragile surfaces like glass windows, as well as sturdier surfaces like the wood on your patio deck.
With a maximum PSI of 1,450 and a GPM ceiling of 1.45, it delivers a much softer spray than The Powerhouse, with its 3,000 PSI and 2.2 GPM measurements. The Powerhouse would shoot right through a thin pane of glass, while the Sun Joe SPX1000 is able to gently clean that surface without leaving a single hairline crack.
Although it can deliver a soft stream for delicate surfaces, we know that cleaning windows isn’t the only application of a pressure washer in the home. You also have the driveway, deck, etc., to clean.
The Sun Joe SPX1000 is equipped to remove stains and debris from loads of varying surfaces, including vehicles, wood, concrete, stone, vinyl siding, driveways, and more. It certainly deserves the title of best residential power washer.
10. Greenworks 1500 PSI 13 Amp GPW1501: The Cheapest Pressure Washer
- 1500 PSI with 1.3 GPM ideal for driveways, patios and washing vehicles
- 13 Amp Universal Motor for reliability and high performance
- 35 feet Electric Cable with normal GFCI for portable use
- Adjustable Wand allows for flexibility
- 1 year warranty
We perhaps should have categorized it as the best affordable pressure washer. Or maybe the best low-price pressure washer.
It is cheap in terms of cost, but there’s nothing flimsy or weak about this washer or its design. In fact, it’s quite solid and reliable, at an incredibly low-cost relative to others on our list. Let us explain our rationale.
Ideal Size for Home Use
You don’t want to haul a monster like the AR Blue Clean AR767 around your house. That is cumbersome and impossible for some people. Rather, you want to easily carry it with you as you move from the driveway to the back porch to your front walkway, and so on.
Its dimensions are 11.42 x 17.13 x 9.45 inches and it only weighs 17 pounds, meaning almost anyone besides a small child could carry it. That’s an ideal size for home use.
It may be inexpensive, but it’s stronger than the model above—the Sun Joe SPX1000. The Greenworks 1500 boasts 1,500 PSI, in case you didn’t gather that from its name. The Sun Joe SPX1000 only has 1,400 PSI. Plus, with a water pressure of 1.2 GPM, this Greenworks model can cut through deeply set-in dirt to display a surface’s true shine.
Buyer’s Guide: Finding the Ideal Electric Pressure Washer
Consumers’ needs are like snowflakes—each one is different and unique. What you need is the best electric pressure washer to fit your distinct needs.
So, in order to find the right model for your needs, create a requirements checklist, compare pressure washers, and consider the variables we cover below.
Electric Power Washer Brands
When it comes to selecting the right electric power washer for your needs, brand reputation matters. However, don’t limit yourself to the most popular brands. Below we’ll list three best-selling brands. That doesn’t mean every model they produce is better than other brands’ models.
Sun Joe produces some of the best-rated power washers in the world. Their SPX3000 model landed at the top of our list.
Founded in 2004, the company continues to innovate, forcing other brands to up their game. Don’t forget to check out their washers during your search.
Karcher was founded in 1935 and has been producing a variety of products for nearly a decade. They are known for durable washers with long lifespans.
Afterall, Karcher is a German brand and German-made products are known to be very well engineered. Be sure to check out Karcher’s washer models during your search and evaluation process.
AR Blue Clean
AR Blue Clean was founded in 1958 and today the company focuses solely on high-pressure washers. And they do it well. Their washers are powerful, reliable, and the company has a great reputation.
Also, they produce washers sold by Black and Decker and Michelin. If you respect those brands, you’re really showing respect to AR Blue Clean.
Electric vs. Gas Pressure Washers
Should you buy an electric or gas pressure washer? Whether you purchase an electric or gas-powered pressure washer also depends on your unique needs. Gas-powered washers have traditionally been considered more powerful than even the best electric washer models.
But that’s no longer the case—you can purchase electric washers today with as much as 4,000 PSI, which is on par with gas washers.
Advantages of the Best Electric Pressure Washer Models
Consumers like electric washers because they:
- Are smaller, more compact, and quieter
- Are easier to transport
- Cost less and are easier to maintain
- Can run on a standard 120-Volt power outlet
- Don’t require in-depth knowledge to use
Advantages of Gas-Powered Washers
Some of the primary advantages of gas-powered pressure washers are:
- They can be operated anywhere, miles away from the nearest power source
- They are more powerful on average and made for heavy-duty cleaning
- They are extremely effective and efficient
Electric Pressure Washer Accessories
Depending on the model you purchase, your electric power washer may come with any number of accessories to help with certain jobs. We can use the Karcher K2 Car Wash Kit as an example (see above).
Your needs will determine which accessories you want. The best electric pressure washer models come with various accessories, while lower-quality models do not. Here are some of the most common accessories included with power washers or that you’ll have to purchase on your own.
- Nozzle Attachments: These help you complete a wider variety of cleaning jobs because each nozzle is intended for cleaning a different type of surface.
- Spraying Wands: These are long rods attached to the end of your water hose. They help you clean hard-to-reach areas like gutters and other surfaces that are too high to reach.
- Power Cords: As we mentioned above, the length of your cord matters. The shorter the cord the closer you must stay to your power outlet to operate your washer. The best electric pressure washer models include longer cords. Consider what you want to clean, how far it is from your power source, and allow those variables to help you decide the cord length you need.
- Water Hoses: Like with cords, the length of your hose will determine how far away from your power source you can take your electric washer. If you have a 30-foot cord and a 20-foot hose, you can move up to 50 feet away from your power source and still clean. You get the picture.
Do you need them? You might, or you might not. The Ryobi 1,600-PSI 1.2-GPM Electric Pressure Washer, which we reviewed above at number six, is a portable washer and does not feature wheels.
This is because it is very lightweight, is intended to be carried around the house and therefore doesn’t need wheels.
However, if you intend to stroll around your house, back yard, then into the front yard where the driveway is, you likely don’t want to carry a 30-pound machine around with you.
If that’s the case, we recommend purchasing a model with wheels. The best electric pressure washer models tend to come with wheels anyway. In fact, most electric power washers typically include wheels.
With all those accessories you have access to, you need a place to store them. You don’t want to be running back and forth from the house to the shed to find an accessory you need at that moment.
Some electric washers include on-board storage, which essentially means that there are places to attach your accessories to the pressure washer, so they are always at arm’s reach.
On-board storage is a very handy feature to have and most of the best electric pressure washer models include some kind of onboard storage.
We’ve discussed this quite a lot above, but it deserves to be covered here. The amount of power that your washer puts out has a great impact on which jobs you can complete.
If you are looking for a pressure washer to clean your car, don’t even consider purchasing The Powerhouse (reviewed above) because it would strip the paint right off your car or truck. If you need a gentler spray, look for a pressure washer that puts our 1,500 or fewer PSI.
If you wish to remove many years’ worth of mold and stains from your deck or remove the paint from the side of a brick building, you’ll need something with a little more power. In that case, The Powerhouse with its 3,000 pounds of pressure per square inch becomes a very viable option.
Frequently Asked Questions
Part of your purchase evaluation and decision-making process when searching for the best electric pressure washer should include making a list of questions you may have. Either way, below we cover some of the most common questions to help guide your search.
What is the best electric pressure washer?
This is obviously a subjective answer because there is no official body that is able to rank any pressure washer as the very best. Plus, answering this question also depends on how you define “best.”
However, we did conduct hours and hours of research and after comparing hundreds of models and brands, we believe that the Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Washer is the best on the market.
And we base that subjective opinion on the fact that it’s both the best electric pressure washer for the money, and feel it’s the most versatile, durable, and reliable model available, making it the “best” in our opinion.
Which is more important, PSI or GPM?
Both PSI and GPM are important, for different reasons. To properly and effectively use an electric pressure washer you need the right balance of PSI and GPM. PSI provides the “stripping” effect that strips paint off walls, for example.
GPM provides the rinsing force that rinses all the grime, dirt and debris from the surface you are washing. You need both and they are equally important.
How long will an electric pressure washer last?
This entirely depends on usage. Electric pressure washers typically get rated for lifespan, which is measured in hours.
Simply take the average number of hours you use your washer each year and divide that by its rated lifespan and you’ll have the number of years your washer should last.
Typically, an electric pressure washer can last 10 years if maintained properly. Take into consideration that before its stated lifespan, something is likely to break or get worn down and you’ll have to purchase a new unit.
Are electric power washers dangerous?
There are certain risks you should be aware of. One risk is electrocution because you’re using water and electricity together. Over time your power cord is bent, coiled, twisted, slowly deteriorated by the sun, etc.
This leaves small cracks in the protective rubber around it. If water gets into one of those cracks, electrocution is likely to occur.
Also, as we mentioned above, being sprayed directly by a high-pressure washer can break the skin. If it hits you in the eye, you may go blind in that eye. So, wear goggles and be careful with your cord.
Is a 3000 PSI pressure washer good?
If all you need to do is clean your car occasionally, then no, 3,000 PSI is way more pressure than you need. Alternatively, if you need to tackle heavy-duty jobs, then 3,000 PSI is an appropriate pressure.
Does an electric pressure washer need oil?
Gas-powered pressure washers certainly need oil in the engines that run them. Electric pressure washers, on the other hand, do not need oil for the motor. However, they may need oil applied to the motor pump on occasion.
What PSI is safe for washing cars?
We discussed this a little above, but we’ll elaborate on it now. If you use a pressure washer with too much PSI, you will damage the body of your car or even potentially the windows or windshield.
You need a lower PSI to safely wash cars. In general, a safe range for washing cars is between 1,200 and 1,900 PSI.
How do you store an electric pressure washer?
You need to store your electric pressure washer in a warm place. If you store it in a location that reaches temperatures below freezing, your pressure pump is liable to crack, which will be quite costly to fix. Or, it may force you to purchase a new pressure washer
Ready to Buy the Best Electric Pressure Washer for You?
As mentioned previously in this guide, electric pressure washers can be used to remove grease or dirt, or even peel paint from concrete, asphalt, decks, siding, lawn furniture, boats, and other outdoor equipment.
While electric pressure washers are quieter in operation in comparison to gas models, they pose more risk due to their relatively high PSI (pounds per square inch) and overall power. Keep yourself safe by wearing safety goggles, shoes, and even hearing protection.
When you start searching, you’ll find that there are hundreds if not thousands of electric pressure washer options to choose from. Don’t rely solely on specs. Perform your due diligence and lots of research before buying one—unless you’re going for a model that costs less than $100.
What’s your favorite power washer brand or model? Share with us below!