10 Best Cordless Leaf Blowers – [2022 Reviews & Ultimate Guide]
If you use or want to purchase a leaf blower, consider buying the best cordless leaf blower as they are portable, quiet, and get the job done efficiently. These electric blowers are also called battery-powered leaf blowers.
They’re most commonly used to clean leaves from lawns rather than using a rake. Additionally, people use them to clean gutters, dry cars, clean debris from driveways, and various other tasks.
While leaf blowers are normally used for residential purposes, landscaping professionals and public maintenance crews prefer using more powerful, commercial-grade leaf blowers.
The top three cordless leaf blowers include the Dewalt 20V Brushless Blower, the Greenworks Variable Speed Cordless Leaf Blowr, and the Black & Decker Lithium Sweeper. These are ranked for overall performance, power, and best under 100$, respectively. The most powerful cordless leaf blower is the Anker Roav 36V which has speeds above Category-Five hurricanes.
Cordless blowers are more convenient, portable, quieter, lighter, require less maintenance, and are easier to use than other types such as corded and gas-powered blowers ( Source).
Features that buyers consider when shopping for cordless blowers include weight, air pressure, battery capacity, and maximum usage time.
In this guide, we’ll review top-rated cordless leaf blowers. We’ll compare each model’s power, efficiency, battery life, and lifespan.
A Glimpse at the 10 Best Cordless Leaf Blowers
- DEWALT DCBL720P1 20V Brushless Blower – Best Overall
- Greenworks Variable Speed Cordless Leaf Blower – Most Powerful Leaf Blower
- Black & Decker Lithium Sweeper (LSW221) – Best Model Under $100
- Snapper XD 72V Max 550 CFM Electric Leaf Blower – Most Powerful Leaf Blower
- EGO Power+ LB4800 Cordless Electric Blower – Longest Run Time
- DeWalt FLEXVOLT Lithium-Ion Handheld Blower – Top Lithium-Ion Model
- WORX 3-in-1 Electric Blower/Mulcher/Vacuum – Best 3-in-1 Blower/Vacuum/Mulcher
- Craftsman V60 Cordless Leaf Blower – Best High CMF Blower
- Makita DUB182Z Cordless Blower – Best on Budget
- KIMO Cordless, 4.0 AH 2-in-1 Sweeper & Vacuum – Most Compact Leaf Blower
How Much Does A Cordless Leaf Blower Cost?
At the other end of the spectrum are premium models that cost as much as $1,600 or more.
How Does a Cordless Leaf Blower Work?
They use a rechargeable battery as their power source. Battery capacity is directly tied to how long you can use the blower before the battery must be recharged.
Heavier models have shoulder straps while lightweight blowers can easily be carried. Simply turn the blower on, set the airspeed, and away you go.
Comparing the Top 10 Cordless Leaf Blower Models
We devoted hours of time digging deeply and reviewing more blowers than we care to mention. After careful consideration, we determined the following ten models to be the best cordless leaf blowers available.
1. DEWALT DCBL720P1 20V Brushless Blower: Top Rated Cordless Leaf Blower [Best Overall]
- DCST925: 13" Cutting swath with 0.080" Line
- DCST925: gear drive transmission design that powers through overgrowth
- DCBL720: up to 400 CFM of air volume at 90 mph to clear debris
- DCBL720: high-efficiency Brushless motor maximizing run time and motor life
- DCBL720: innovative axial fan design that maximizes on air output and run time
DeWalt cordless leaf blowers are well-known because the company manufactures a vast variety of products. This particular cordless leaf blower topped our list for many reasons, including:
Its Reputation Precedes Itself
The DeWalt DCBL720P1 Brushless Blower is considered by many to be the best overall battery-operated blower in existence. It’s hard to argue with tens of thousands of satisfied customers.
DeWalt clearly believes in the quality of its own products. So much so that the company registered and trademarked the phrase “Guaranteed Tough.” Their self-confidence is displayed through the guarantees and the warranty they offer. Those include:
- A 90-day money back guarantee for those who are not satisfied with the blower
- Free maintenance for an entire year
- A three-year limited warranty
Variable Speed Trigger and Speed Lock
Just like the Snapper model below, this DeWalt model offers a variable speed trigger that lets you manually control the velocity of air emitted from the blower’s emission tube. Simply press the trigger harder and more air shoots out.
Plus, its speed lock is essentially a type of cruise control, allowing users to set the speed and rest their trigger finger, which gets tired after pressing down for 20 minutes.
2. Greenworks Variable Speed Cordless Leaf Blower: Cordless Blower with the Most Speed Options
- New GMAX 40-volt 2.0 amp hour lithium ion battery provides more power and longer run time
- Variable speed motor delivers max speeds of 150 MPH
- Extension tube helps increase reach and blower efficiency
- Lightweight design provides easier control over the unit
Greenworks leaf blowers are among the most popular models available, and for good reason. Their blowers are solid, reliable, and perform at a very high level. A few reasons why the Greenworks Leaf Blower made it onto our list:
Variable Speed Dial
Most cordless leaf blowers come with a few speed settings, like Low and High, or perhaps Medium as well. But it’s rare to find a blower with six speed settings on a convenient, variable speed dial. But that’s what this Greenworks model delivers, making it the most adaptable blower on the list in terms of speed.
This Greenworks model features a GMAX 40-volt lithium-ion 2.0 amp-hour (AH) battery. It delivers more power and a longer operating time that most cordless blowers. You can use it for up to 35 minutes on a single charge, depending on the airflow output level it’s set to.
This cordless leaf blower is very quiet while in use. It won’t bother your neighbors. Nor will you need to wear protective gear to safeguard your ears.
This is not a huge leaf blower by any means. It is, in fact, very lightweight at only 3.3 pounds. Some models on the list weigh eight or more pounds.
3. Black & Decker Lithium Sweeper (LSW221): Best Cordless Leaf Blower Under $100
- Easily clears debris from hard surfaces like driveways, decks, and garages
- Air speed up to 130 miles per hour
- Operates on a 20V Max 1.5 Ampere hour Lithium Ion battery that holds its charge for up to 18 months. Noise rating (dB): 61
- Lightweight with a low noise design. Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. The nominal voltage is 18
- Part of the 20 volt max system
Price is important but less expensive does not directly translate to lower quality. This Black & Decker cordless blower delivers incredible value for the price. It would be difficult to find another model in this price range that’s as powerful, effective, and reliable.
Plus, Black & Decker is a household name and a brand known for excellence. Why did we award it the third spot on our list?
Even we find this hard to believe after reviewing so many models and brands, but this Black & Decker cordless leaf blower features a 20-volt MAX 1.5 AH lithium-ion battery that… wait for it… can hold a charge for 18 months. We were shocked to learn this. We had never seen or heard of any device that can hold a charge that long.
Weight and Power
For such a lightweight blower, it puts out a significant amount of power. Weighing in at 3.7 pounds, this machine puts out 130 miles per hour of air force. It is as quiet as they come so you can use the blower or trimer without annoying anyone, including yourself.
Those are just a few of the reasons this Black & Decker model came in at number three on our list.
4. Snapper XD 82V MAX Cordless Leaf Blower: Most Powerful Cordless Leaf Blower
- 185 MPH / 340 CFM
- Up To 21 Minutes Run-Time On High In Blower Mode
- Brushless Motor Provides More Power, Performance, and Durability
- Variable Speed Dial with Turbo Button - 6 Speed Selections
- Tool-Less Blower To Vacuum Conversion
We almost called this blower “The Most Innovative, Forward-Looking Cordless Leaf Blower.” We believe Snapper is driving innovation and moving the industry forward more than any other brand. Why?
Learning about the Snapper XD Cordless Leaf Blower’s battery floored us. Working with Briggs & Stratton, they developed the industry’s first 82-volt battery-powered cordless blower. The 2.0 AH lithium battery boasts a 40-minute run time. If that’s not enough, this battery fully recharges, to 100%, in only 30 minutes.
Variable Speed: Pure Power
A variable speed trigger gives users more control over the blower’s airflow output. Just like the trigger on a cordless drill, as you press it harder, more air shoots out. This is useful, considering this incredibly powerful blower maxes out at a staggering 550 CFM. That’s pure power!
Rear Inline Airflow Intake
Its rear inline air intake is the most efficient we’ve seen. Some blowers feature side intakes, which are less efficient and can snag your clothing. Snapper’s efficient rear intake moves cordless blowers one step closer to matching the power of gas blowers.
Using a leaf blower for 40 minutes wears your trigger finger out. However, setting the airflow to cruise control and removing your finger from the trigger delivers a superior user experience.
5. EGO Power+ LB4800 Cordless Electric Blower: Leaf Blower with the Longest Run Time
- Turbine fan engineering delivers up to 480 CFM
- High efficiency brushless motor
- Battery and charger not included, compatible with all EGO POWER plus Arc Lithium Batteries
- Weather-resistant construction
- Variable-Speed: from 250 CFM to 480 CFM
This highly efficient cordless leaf blower deserves a spot on our list for multiple reasons. We’ll discuss a few below. But above all, the blower’s run time far outperforms the competition.
Impressive Run Time
We’ll start with the EGO Power+ Cordless Blower’s most impressive feature. While many cordless leaf blowers only run for 10 or 15 minutes without having to be recharged, the EGO Power+ blower’s highly-efficient motor gives it a maximum run time of 60 minutes if configured properly. A 60-minute run time is very rare for cordless blowers.
Three Speed Settings
This blower can reach a 60-minute run time because it is equipped with three preset speed settings: Low, High, and Boost. If set to Low, it can run for an hour. However, if set to Boost, its run time drops to 10 minutes. On High, its run time is 18 minutes.
Many users want to operate their leaf blower in various weather conditions. They may want to move piles of snow with it, of even use it in the rain. If so, they can, because this EGO model is equipped with weather resistance features that protect it from the elements.
6. DeWalt FLEXVOLT Lithium-Ion Handheld Blower: Best Lithium-ion Cordless Leaf Blower
- Battery operated leaf blower powers through debris at up to 423 CFM of air volume at 129 MPH
- Flat concentrator nozzle of cordless blower increases air speeds to 175 MPH to power through stubborn debris
- High-efficiency brushless motor of battery leaf blower maximizes run time and motor life
- Variable speed trigger and speed lock for total power control
- Lightweight and ergonomic design maximizes control and minimizes stress on your arm
This DeWalt model is considered to be one of the best cordless leaf blowers on the market. Here, we cover a few of the reasons it was ranked fifth on our list.
Heavy-Duty yet Easy-to-Use Design
It is heavier than other models reviewed here, weighing in at 9.8 pounds. But its circular design and shorter air blowing tube make it easy to carry around despite the weight.
This thing is a real powerhouse when it comes to airflow. It can reach up to 175 MPH using its unique concentration nozzle. Plus, at 423 CFM, it truly does live up to its reputation as a workhorse able to handle heavy-duty jobs with ease.
It can move gravel at a construction site without blinking an eye, for example. Plus, it delivers an adjustable speed feature. This lets you set the air output speed to your desired level. You can lock it there until you are done with the job at hand.
We named this DeWalt model as the best lithium-ion cordless leaf blower because of its 20/60-volt, 3.0 AH FLEXVOLT battery. By 20/60-volt battery, we mean that although the blower was built to use a 60-volt battery, it can also be used with a DeWalt 20-volt battery, which was a common feature in previous DeWalt cordless blowers.
7. WORX 3-in-1 Electric Blower/Mulcher/Vacuum: Best 3-in-1 Cordless Blower Vacuum Mulcher
- [LEAF BLOWER, MULCHER & VACUUM] Yard work doesn’t stand a chance with this 3-in-1. And it’s fun to use. Leaves and debris on your lawn won’t be there for long
- [QUICKLY SWITCH MODES] Changes from leaf blower to vacuum mode and back again with just the flip of a switch. No tools needed, just you and your Worx TRIVAC
- [METAL MULCHER] The metal impeller cuts in two stages, chopping leaves down to an 18:1 mulch ratio – that’s 18 bags of leaves mulched into 1
- [2 SPEEDS FOR DIFFERENT JOBS] 80 mph to 210 mph and 350 cfm. Go slow for pavement or tight corners. Dial it up to 210 on the open lawn
- [DO IT YOURSELF. DO IT BETTER. DO IT WITH WORX.] WORX tools are engineered with cutting-edge technology, and above modern efficiency standards, so you can build a cost-effective tool collection that’s been designed to last
You may not have expected to see a machine with three different functions, but here you have it. The WORX 3-in-1 is simultaneously a blower, mulcher, and vacuum. We consider it the best cordless leaf blower vacuum mulcher available.
Featuring solid, spinning metal mulching blades, the WORX 3-in-1 handles mulching like a pro. It has an 18 to 1 mulching ratio. This means it can turn 18 bags’ worth of grass into just one bag’s worth of cut grass.
The WORX 3-in-1 features the ability to switch between two-speed settings so you can tackle a wider range of jobs at once. It can be turned up to a hefty 210 miles per hour for those jobs that require heavy lifting. But if you’d like to simply blow the dust off your car without leaving any permanent damage, you can easily dial its airflow down to 75 miles per hour.
Easy Mode Switch Feature
The fact that this blower has three different mode settings clearly sets it apart. You can switch between modes seamlessly and easily. All you need to do is flip an easy-to-reach switch and it will change from one mode to the next.
8. Craftsman V60 Cordless Leaf Blower: Best High CMF Leaf Blower for Lawns
- LONGER RUN TIME: Brushless motor of the battery operated leaf blower comes with high performance 60V battery pack allowing for a long run time
- MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY: Axial fan design of the cordless blower delivers maximum efficiency up to 600 CFM and 110 MPH
- MORE POWER: Battery leaf blower with variable speed trigger & cruise control allows users to choose between more power or more runtime
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: Less than 10 lbs. for decreased user fatigue
- VERSATRACK COMPATIBLE: Use the integrated hook to hang this tool directly on the VERSATRACK Wall Organization System (sold separately)
In our search for the highest CFM leaf blower for lawns, we came across this gem. Rounding out our list is the Craftsman V60, the blower with the highest CFM level of any other blower on our list. Among high CFM lawn blowers, this model holds its own.
The Craftsman V60 features an axial fan design that allows it to deliver superior energy efficiency and 600 CFM. This, combined with its 110 MPH ceiling, makes it one of the best leaf blowers for wet leaves.
Featuring various speed settings and cruise control, the Craftsman V60 provides you with options. You can choose between high power or longer running time, depending on your project. It is one of the best cordless blowers for yards of all types.
As mentioned above, the length of a product’s warranty is tied to how confident its manufacturer is its quality. This Craftsman offers buyers a four-year warranty. A lot can go wrong in four years, so Craftsman is clearly very confident in its product. Among high CFM leaf blowers, it’ hard to go wrong with the Craftsman V60.
9. Makita DUB182Z Cordless Blower: Best Budget Leaf Blower
- Variable speed (0-18,000 RPM) for optimum speed control
- Up to 12 minutes of continuous operation from a single charge at high speed
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 20-3/4" long
- Weighs only 3.9 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip handle for increased operator comfort
Makita is a fairly well-known brand because its products are typically solid, reliable, and very effective at completing the task at hand. The Makita DUB182Z is no exception. Although we named it the best budget cordless leaf blower—and its price point supports that—it packs a much stronger punch than a blower of the same price would normally deliver.
The DUB 182Z features an 18-volt battery system. This system is equipped with a 4.0 AH lithium-ion battery, offering users a considerably longer battery lifespan.
Compact, Ergonomic Design
We just reviewed the KIMO 2.0 AH 2-in-1 model and noted its surprisingly low weight of 2.2 pounds. Well, this Makita model isn’t far behind it. It weighs in at 3.9 pounds—still lighter than the vast majority of leaf blowers.
Plus, it comes with a rubber-coated handle grip for maximum comfort while carrying it around.
It stands to reason that the longer the warranty a company offers on its product, the more confident it is in the quality of its product. Makita seems pretty confident, indeed. It offers a three-year warranty on this model, which is a long warranty relative to other leaf blower models.
10. KIMO Cordless, 4.0 AH 2-in-1 Sweeper & Vacuum: Most Compact Leaf Blower with HUGE Wind Power
This KIMO model definitely deserves its title. It is only 11 x 6 x 7 inches in size—that’s very small for a leaf blower. For comparison, the Greenworks Variable Speed Cordless Leaf Blower, which won first place on our list, measures 31 x 7 x 10 inches. Plus, at 4.4 pounds, you can see how small this compact blower really is.
Despite its miniature size, the KIMO 4.0 AH model is much stronger than you would think. Its high-quality, all-copper motor can run at 20,000 revolutions per minute (RPM). This allows it to move the soggiest pile of wet leaves while being the most compact leaf blower we could find.
Let’s not forget that this little guy also comes with a built-in vacuum. It’s the perfect solution for cleaning your car or vacuuming in tight, hard to reach spots a normal vacuum cleaner can’t reach.
Buyer’s Guide: How to Choose the Best Cordless Leaf Blower
Having covered the best cordless leaf blowers for your various needs, we’ll now shift gears. Here, we provide you with a guide to help you better understand what to look for in a leaf blower.
This will help you make the right purchase decision when you decide to start shopping for your own.
These batteries are superior to old school rechargeable nickel-cadmium batteries because they weigh about half as much, have a longer lifespan, can be recharged more times, and don’t reduce power emission as the battery runs out of juice.
Keep in mind that the more voltage a battery has, the longer it will power your leaf blower on each new charge. If you need to use your leaf blower twice a week for five minutes just to blow debris off your patio, go with a lower-voltage battery. If you are a professional landscaper who uses a leaf blower every day, find a blower with the maximum voltage possible.
Airflow: Leaf Blower CFM vs. MPH
The amount of airflow you need depends on the intended use of your leaf blower. Remember, airflow is measured in MPH and CFM.
MPH measures the speed at which air leaves your blower. CFM is a volume measurement that calculates the amount of cubic square feet that come from your blower each minute.
Airflow strength is better measured by CFM than MPH. You can have a blower with a high MPH that is still fairly weak if it doesn’t align with a number of ideal factors. CFM is more closely related to the sheer power of the air current your blower emits. If you want more power, look for more CFM, not MPH.
Are you absolutely sure you will only be using your hand help leaf blower for one task and one task only? If so, determine which power output level is appropriate for that task and purchase a model with that output level. In that case, power adjustment would be irrelevant.
However, even if you’re sure about that now, at some point you may decide to use it for something else. That’s why we recommend purchasing a blower with a power dial or switch. Most high-quality cordless leaf blowers include them. But cheaper leaf blowers often will not. Keep that in consideration.
Leaf Blower Storage
But don’t freak out if you have. The ideal temperature range for blower storage is very wide—between 15 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
It’s important to remember not to let your battery run down to zero. Lithium-ion batteries are not designed for that.
If you can pay attention and recharge your battery when it reaches between 10 and 20%, you will extend the lifespan of your battery by as much as 50%.
Leaf Blower Weight
If that’s the case, you don’t want a heavy blower. It would cause you to slowly develop aches and pains from constantly carrying it.
Alternatively, let’s say you just want to blow leaves and debris out of your gutters on occasion. In that case, you could handle a heavier blower because you’ll only be using it for a few minutes each time.
Regardless, many lightweight blowers today are as strong as their heavier counterparts. So, our recommendation is to look for a lighter blower in general.
Frequently Asked Questions
Odds are that we’ve already answered many of your questions in the text above. However, we’d like to take the time to answer more FAQs around battery-powered leaf blowers.
What is the most powerful leaf blower on the market?
The most powerful leaf blowers on the market are gas-powered. Perhaps the most powerful model is the Husqvarna 150BT at 251 MPH. The disadvantage of purchasing a gas-powered blower is that they are heavier and cost way more.
Cordless leaf blowers are typically not as powerful as gas-powered ones. However, that is changing as technology advances and cordless blowers become increasingly stronger.
What is the most powerful cordless leaf blower?
The only cordless leaf blower we found that was over 450 CFM was the EGO Power+ Cordless Electric Blower, which has 480 CFM. If you want to go higher than that, you’ll have to look at gas blowers.
What is the best cordless leaf blower?
In our opinion, it’s the Greenworks Variable Speed Cordless Leaf Blower that we placed at the top of our list. If you read some other cordless leaf blower reviews, my guess is that you’ll find that same Greenworks blower close to the top of each list you read.
Is CFM or MPH more important in a leaf blower?
However, if your goal is to move as many leaves as you can in as short a timeframe as possible, then CFE is more important.
We covered this a bit in our Buyer’s Guide above. You can refer to that for more information.
Should I get a leaf blower or vacuum?
Vacuums are faster and get the job done in less time than leaf blowers—assuming the “job” is cleaning up leaves and lawn debris. They collect leaves and other debris from your yard and that’s about it.
Leaf blowers are used for many additional tasks such as cleaning gutters, moving materials other than leaves, and cleaning dust off your car. There really is no clear winner here so our advice, if you are considering one or the other, is to purchase a 2-in-1 leaf blower/vacuum combo.
Ready to Buy Your Own Cordless Leaf Blower?
Above, we covered features and aspects to look for in a cordless leaf blower. Those include price, airflow, battery lifespan, weight, brand reputation, etc. A cordless leaf blower is necessary to blow away leaves, but can also be used to pick up grass left by zero turn mowers.
Consider all these variables when evaluating leaf blowers. Make a list of tasks you plan to complete with your leaf blower. Then, make a list of requirements that will allow you to complete each task with the same blower. Follow the tips above and take your time.
Consider the variables in our buyer’s guide, take a closer look at our top ten list, and conduct additional research. Also, check our latest guide about electric pressure washers, which will easily help you clean your back deck.
Do you have any additional advice to share with our readers? Share them with us below!
We are a team of passionate homeowners, home improvement pros, and DIY enthusiasts who enjoy sharing home improvement, housekeeping, decorating, and more with other homeowners! Whether you're looking for a step-by-step guide on fixing an appliance or the cost of installing a fence, we've here to help.
More by Upgraded Home Team